Gift Aid makes it easy to make your donation worth more… without it costing you a penny!
Gift Aid is one of the simplest and most effective ways of giving to charity. It is a scheme introduced by HMRC which allows Halton Haven to claim 25p back for every £1 that you donate. So if you donate £20, we can claim another £5 from HMRC, making your donation worth £25!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a form to make your donations eligible for Gift Aid.
Thank you to everyone who has already signed a Gift Aid form for Halton Haven Hospice. You allow us to claim back approximately £40,000 a year. If you have already donated to us and want to check that you are Gift Aiding your donations then please email us on email@example.com.
Gift Aid Information
- The Gift Aid guidelines require a Gift Aid Declaration form to be completed. It gives us the data we need to be able to claim gift aid on a donation.
- Gift Aid declarations last a life time. They can allow us to claim the gift aid on your donations up to four years ago, and in the future.
- Gift Aid can be claimed on individual and sponsorship donations made to Halton Haven Hospice, if we have the full name, address and postcode of the donor.
- Gift Aid applies only to ‘gifts’. It does not apply to activities where an entry fee has been charged or where people have entered a competition. This also extends to activities where the donor can’t be traced (such as giving to collection)
- Am I eligible for Gift Aid? If you are a UK tax payer, yes. Even if you are not employed, you are still eligible if you are paying tax on any of the following:
- Personal or Occupational pension.
- Gains on the sale of stock and shares.
- Bank and building society savings accounts.
- Rental Income.
- Overseas and UK investment dividends.
- Please note you must pay an amount of income tax or capital gains tax at least equal to the tax reclaimed by the Hospice on the donation.